The CCFOWR values community and has a responsibility to offer a “hand up”, empowering the life journey of the marginalized and vulnerable within the Region of Waterloo, with a focus on youth. We believe in inclusion and equity and alignment with the 7 Social Teachings of the Catholic Church. We are committed to cooperating and collaborating with community partners in all sectors to support and evolve common goals.
In 2021, the new merged organization, in response to the unique community needs created by the pandemic over the past two years, responded with a just-in-time support program for our families and partner organizations:
- $70,000 Food Card Program supporting families in our schools and parishes
- $70,000 One-time Grants for our community not-for-profit
- $100,000 Annual Scholarships/Bursaries/Awards
- A Speaker Series to support families in our community.
The CCFOWR is also offering an additional $50,000 in grants to support programs and initiatives in our schools, parishes and community partner organizations.
The application process is simple and online for your convenience and framed within the following timelines:
- November 2021 - Program launched and introduced to stakeholders
- December 10, 2021 - Application submission deadline
- January 2022 - Applicants will be informed of the status of their submission
The online application includes detailed information
If additional information is required, don’t hesitate to contact me or the Grants Committee Chair: John Klein (email: email@example.com).
Vic Degutis, President, Catholic Community Foundation of Waterloo Region Inc.
Email: Vic.Degutis@outlook.com Cell: 519.588.2426